• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
HUGE FAN of them, they’re perfect for me.
Awesome...great to hear. Personally, I've not had difficulty with R,RL,RJ,JB or MFrames fogging.
But...

56184624_366412547415984_3807501852267668032_n-1-jpg.602660

Gnaw that"thing" off!

Radar EV Comparisons.jpg

The EV Advancer came out this officially this weekend. Apparently they share the same frame sizes and the lenses are 0.2mm higher from the Pitch one (5.21mm vs 5mm). Anyway I am not sure if the lenses could be exchanged between models.

Do we have more info about this?
So would that difference in lens height basically mean the nose piece would only be usable with the advancer lenses. Like how the Radar XL's nose piece made it so you could only use the XL lens, unless you changed the nose piece part?

Cause I like the style of the nose pads on the advancer, seems like they took them from the jawbreaker... but I'm not really a fan of looking like a rhino wearing them. Anyone know if you can remove the horn or use the nose pads on a EV path or pitch?

The nose piece can be removed just like a regular radar ev and the ADVANCER lens can also fit on a radar EV without changing the nose piece. It looks pretty cool.

Edit: by nose piece I mean the entire advancer bridge can be removed like the radar ev bridge and they can be replaced

For example I can make my pink splatter ev an advancer by swapping the bridge. Or I can just put the advancers lens without the advancer bridge .

purchase of these was completely coincidental (i mean colors), i swear :) , helmet has like 2 years

#random 215.JPG

Last edited:
As stated in other areas of the forum, I had a pair of Radar EV path's which I loved, but they were stolen on vacation a couple of weeks ago. I have a pair of Black Advancer EV's arriving tomorrow. Pretty excited and hope that I like them as much as my path's.

I
As stated in other areas of the forum, I had a pair of Radar EV path's which I loved, but they were stolen on vacation a couple of weeks ago. I have a pair of Black Advancer EV's arriving tomorrow. Pretty excited and hope that I like them as much as my path's.

I think you’ll like it. I love the radar ev’s and tried on the advancers and loved them even more than the EV’s. Getting the same pair as you, black on black with Prizm black polar

I

I think you’ll like it. I love the radar ev’s and tried on the advancers and loved them even more than the EV’s. Getting the same pair as you, black on black with Prizm black polar
I take it these are Prism Black Polarized without the iridium coating? If so are they see through. I like looking at things without others noticing and when with wife same thing. :)

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a Radar EV advancer (adding to my Radar EV collection), as I like the lense shape and the blue colours available (also the price here in Germany is rather good these days).
I am not much a fan of the Advancer nose piece itself, but I saw a couple of shots from athletes wearing the Advancer shaped lenses without the weird nose thing.

But I cannot tell if they were putting the glasses on a normal Radar EV or somehow replacing the nose bridge.

So here’s my question.
If I want to wear them without the Advancer bridge, do I need to replace the whole nose bridge? Likely, yes.

Are the original nose bridges (not the pad’s) even available to buy separately?

The other option would be of course to just by the lenses, but then neither the Sky blue nor the Poseidon frames are available on non-Advancer’s these days.

Hi,

I am thinking about purchasing a Radar EV advancer (adding to my Radar EV collection), as I like the lense shape and the blue colours available (also the price here in Germany is rather good these days).
I am not much a fan of the Advancer nose piece itself, but I saw a couple of shots from athletes wearing the Advancer shaped lenses without the weird nose thing.

But I cannot tell if they were putting the glasses on a normal Radar EV or somehow replacing the nose bridge.

So here’s my question.
If I want to wear them without the Advancer bridge, do I need to replace the whole nose bridge? Likely, yes.

Are the original nose bridges (not the pad’s) even available to buy separately?

The other option would be of course to just by the lenses, but then neither the Sky blue nor the Poseidon frames are available on non-Advancer’s these days.

I'll have to give it a try on the one Advancer I have to see if I can get it to work without the adjustable nose bridge.

No, the nose bridge pieces for any Radar are not available for individual sale.